Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lotte Custard Cake

Custard, I love custard, especially when it's nice and creamy. I always see this at the Korean market and this time it was on sale so I picked it up. It says "delicious complement to hot tea" and since I drinks tons of tea, I was sold. I imagined the cake to be bigger, but this was a tiny little thing. There are 11 individually wrapped cakes in the package. Eleven is such a random number. Why 11 and not 12, I have no idea. Maybe the grocery shrink ray hit it. Each cake is 105 calories so if you are those people that like to buy those "100 calories snacks", then you can consider this. 105 calories is not a lot, but for something I don't thoroughly enjoy, then it is 105 calories too much. The picture and the commercial makes it look so good. I guess I had too high of an expectation for it. The custard is actaully not as yellow as depicted. It's more like a pale yellow, sort of like butter. Actually, the custard tasted like sweet fluffy butter to me. The cake was moist, but had an oily film and touch to it. It's something nice to have around, but there are better tea time snacks out there.

Retail: $4.99
My Price: $2.98
Calories: 105
WW: 3